What is diamond coring and cutting?
Diamond coring or cutting involves the use of specialised equipment, called diamond tools. Diamonds are known for their strength and robustness, making them ideal for use in concrete coring and cutting. Diamond grains (usually synthetic or unusable diamonds) are present in the tips and working parts of saws and drills, facilitating the efficient cutting of concrete and masonry. The use of diamond tools for concrete drilling and cutting provide a number of advantages over traditional or older concrete cutting and removal methods (such as a jackhammer). Advantages of diamond coring and cutting include:
- Cleaner cuts, that leave smoother surfaces than older methods
- Less damage and cracks are caused to the surrounding concrete surface, meaning less repair work is required
- Noise levels are much lower when using diamond tools than using jackhammers
- Wet drilling results in less dust and dirt to clean up
- Diamond tools offer consistent and precise drilling and cutting
- Diamond tools improve the work environment and is less distractive for workers
- Ultimately, diamond coring tools are less disruptive and more efficient
Rapid Coring SA provides Wet drilling techniques for concrete, and Dry drilling techniques for masonry. Our drills feature diamond tipped core barrels from 12mm – 600mm in diameter, and can effectively drill through brick, asphalt and heavily reinforced concrete. We also use a number of concrete cutting techniques, depending on the project requirements. Rapid Coring SA also specialise in breakdown and demolition of masonry and concrete structures, as well as the installation of chemical anchors. Read more about our diamond coring and cutting services.